Back in 2021 I had a Dexa scan to look at bones - it showed I had Osteopenia and this was likely caused by the cancer treatment - see my blog post here. Well I just read today a great article that looks at bone health - I was pleased to see I'm doing all of that but thought it worth posting on this blog - take a look at: https://chriswoollamshealthwatch.com/your-illness/general-health/osteoporosis-six-simple-steps-for-strong-bones/
Here are Chris Woollams six simple steps to maintaining strong bones –
- Heal your gut,
- Focus on vitamin D (and possibly K2 for prevention),
- Magnesium, Phosphorus, Boron,
- Natural calcium intake from plants,
- Iodine, and
- Weight bearing exercise.
Update 24.9.26: Science Daily report 'Calcium and vitamin D supplements may offer far less protection against fractures and falls than many older adults expect'. All the more reason to ensure we don't miss weight-bearing exercise:
No comments:
Post a Comment