Wednesday 24 November 2021

Gratitude

Research has shown how important the role of gratitude can be...increasing our resilience, directly impacting on our health (like lowering blood pressure and increasing immunity), opening up new opportunities, improved relationships and so much more.

A while back I came across Oliver Sacks' published essays before his death that were collected in GratitudeThis particular quote so resonates and couldn't resist posting here: “I cannot pretend I am without fear. But my predominant feeling is one of gratitude. I have loved and been loved; I have been given much and I have given something in return; I have read and travelled and thought and written. I have had an intercourse with the world, the special intercourse of writers and readers. Above all, I have been a sentient being, a thinking animal, on this beautiful planet, and that in itself has been an enormous privilege and adventure.”

Image from the amazing Rukmini Poddar who wrote: "Choosing gratitude is not my default mode by a long shot. Really, being grateful is not something that comes easy for me and it’s a moment by moment choice. But having had a heavy heart the last two weeks is teaching me that there is always an option of being grateful despite it all. And that’s empowering.

Rukmini Poddar is an artist, designer, and educator. Her passion lies at the intersection of emotional wellness and creative storytelling. See more at: https://dearruksi.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

My story featured on Penny Brohn website

Well actually the post on their website is only a very small part of the story but happy to share especially as it will be used in March to ...